Re: Java/JDBC for dumping MS SqlServer rows to a text file ?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 25 Jan 2003 21:09:08 -0600

On 17 Jan 2003, alberto.dellera_at_bigfoot.com wrote:

> We have evaluated different options (using the routines in sqlserver
> for direct migration; using the same routines for producing an
> intermediate dump file to be loaded by sql*loader; using oracle
> migration workbench; using the Oracle transparent gateways).

I don't understand how this is so "daunting" that you had to evaluate so many different options. If one of them accomplished what you needed, kick it off at the end of the day, and tomorrow its migrated. Who cares if its the most performant option? Worry about performance issues if this is an on-going job. If it is a one-off, just make sure you can do it and go do it. All this evaluation to move 3.5 million rows? Its really a small job.

--
Galen deForest Boyer