hidden value in date field?

From: Peter Valicek <sonny_at_valicek.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 03:00:35 +0100

Hallo NG,

just a little quetsion about datatype date.

We had an 8.1.7 Database. In alle fields where in my opinion should be as well an time value only the date is in like 23-jan-03. I have checked nearby all tables but nowhere is the time givven. But in our applikation is time very essential so it have to be there. In my eyes it does it not make much sence to split date and time in seperate fileds.

Exist an command or an special select ( like extend in informix ) do extend the field, if it's as well in the field but not obvisuely seen?

Or let me say it other.
Is the time value as well in the date field but hidden? If yes hot to get it? if no has anyone an idea?

Pls. Help.

Regards

-Peter

P.S: Excuse my worse english. I'm not very trained in stuff like this.
--

[ Linux is like a Wigwam - no Windows, no Gates, Apache inside ] Received on Sat Jan 25 2003 - 20:00:35 CST