Re: REDO Logs - 3rd mirror?

From: JustAnotherDBA <jadba_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 16:01:01 -0600

To force it to say switch every 30 minutes, I was thinking of doing exactly what you said. Good to have you confirm that is maybe not so odd a thing to do :)

Since both my current OS mirrored disks for the impacted databases are in 1 RAID array (I wouldn't usually do this, but missed it being done by the Sys Admins), my first thing I want to do is swap multi-plex 2nd location with another database on this server (which has both its multi-plex OS mirrored disks in 2 other separate RAID arrays) .

So, the impacted databases will at least have the 2nd location in another RAID array.

Thanks for the comments.

> > UPS maintenance caused power to flicker off and on several times to our
main
> > Oracle production server causing the loss of 5 disk drives in 1 RAID
array -
> > 4 of which were used to hold just the REDO logs for 2 of 3 databases.
These
> > 2 Oracle databases were setup to multiplex on 2 RAID1 (mirrored) disks.
This