Re: Why import slow

From: koert54 <nospam_at_nospam.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:32:11 GMT

If I'm not mistaking - import performs a commit after each record if a table contains a long column even if
you specify a large buffer ...
This implies that importing such a table results in producing 50% of redo wastage (commit entry) and a flush
of the logbuffer at each inserted record...

-> import with commit=N