Re: Datacenter move with the same disks!

From: Svend Jensen <svend.jensen_at_it.dk>
Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 15:51:14 +0100

One option is to use RMAN, like
RUN {

      ALLOCATE CHANNEL d1 TYPE disk;
      BACKUP VALIDATE
         DATABASE
         ARCHIVELOG ALL;

}
or

dbms_space_admin.tablespace_verify( tablespace_name, option ); (version 8i+ only)

I am not aware if any of these are faster than export. But I think that rman is; as it traverses only used blocks, witch you may find is a drawback in this case.

Note, that on several versions, dbverify does not work on datafiles above the 2 Gig. mark. It quickly replies with OK without doing any real work.

rgds
/Svend Jensen