Oracle Lite HELP

From: Matija Mintas <MAKNI_matija.mintas_at_fsb.hr>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 17:17:38 +0100

Hi,
I need some help about oracle lite...

First of all - I need small oracle db to use for a POS machine, since the cost is only $100 per machine (personal costs about $400). Is it possible to set it in a such manner? I need to import few tables and connect with developer 2000.

So, how can i install oracle lite as a normal database and connect with sql and developer 2000 to it?

What I have succeded is getting polite in ODBC when installing Oracle Lite Developer, but still cannot connect to it with sql or anything else (I have tried telling sql the name is ODBC:polite)

Do I need some special client (and where to get it)?

Thank You,

                                           Max