Re: OS authentication and NT client

From: Peter Laursen <ptl_at_edbgruppen.dk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:07:33 +0100

"John Leslie" <johnleslie_at_madasafish.com> wrote in message news:4412dd31.0301240433.4c666a7d_at_posting.google.com...
> How do I get this to work in Oracle 8.1.7 on AIX with NT workstation
> client?
>

> I have a Unix user of john and my NT user is john. I have tried
> creating database users of JOHN and OPS$JOHN but when try to connect
> from sqlplus worksheet without a password I get rejected.
>
> Can you help?

Did you consider OSAUTH_PREFIX_DOMAIN ?

Try to login from the NT as user system and then do a "select osuser from v$sesssion" to see what nt-user oracle thinks you are.

Otherwise describe more details, error message when logging in, contents of sqlnet.ora etc.

/Peter Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 09:07:33 CST