Re: ORA-12560 when testing connection in Net8 Assistant

From: Michael Helmich <michael.helmich_at_entory.com>
Date: 24 Jan 2003 06:44:21 -0800

Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in message news:<8UXV9.52$VF.7011496_at_newssvr15.news.prodigy.com>...
> Niall Litchfield wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> -> PARAMETER TABLE LOAD RESULTS FOLLOW <-
> >>Successful parameter table load
> >> -> PARAMETER TABLE HAS THE FOLLOWING CONTENTS <-
> >
> > <snip>
> >
> >> SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)
> >

> > Your client is trying to use NT authentication to connect to a Solaris based
> > server. This is most probably the root cause of your failure. Comment out
> > the line above in sqlnet.ora and retry.
> >

> > --
> > Niall Litchfield
> > Oracle DBA
> > Audit Commission UK
> > Please include version and platform
> > and SQL where applicable
> > It makes life easier and increases the
> > likelihood of a good answer

> Also comment out your sqlnet.crypto_seed parameter unless you are
> actually using Oracle Advanced Networking Option (in which case you need
> to add a few additional parameters). See Metalink Note 76629.1, for example.

Sorry for answering this late, but I was out of office for a few days. Thank's a lot for your comments. I deleted the lines SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS)
SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED = ....
from sqlnet.ora as recommended but I keep getting exactly the same error ORA-12560

I compared the files sqlnet.ora of all our clients and found that they all contain the line SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NTS) and work just fine with it. The SQLNET.CRYPTO_SEED entry is only on the non-working client and I have no idea where it comes from and who put it in there, because the ORACLE client software was installed in exactly the same way on every client, but as the test shows, it doesn't seem to matter anyway.

Any more ideas?

Regards
Michael Helmich Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 08:44:21 CST