Re: Compute_statistics PROBLEM

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 01:06:09 -0800

Stephan van Hoof wrote:

> Thanks, but I wonder:
>
> Do I need a 'big' TEMP tablespace to be able to analyze_schema(compute)?
> Or, how 'big' should this TEMP tablespace be?
>
> Regards
> Stephan
>
> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > Stephan van Hoof wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Win2000 / 8.1.7.
> > >
> > > When I run:
> > >
> > > dbms_utility.analyze_schema('X', 'COMPUTE')
> > >
> > > the database hangs (I even cannot connect locally by means of svrmgrl)
> and
> > > the alert.log:

> > > Wed Jan 22 11:12:47 2003
> > > Errors in file c:\Oracle\ora81\admin\twen\udump\ORA01188.TRC:
> > > ORA-00600: Interne foutcode, argumenten: [504], [40854264], [8], [1],
> [cache
> > > buffers chains], [111], [0], [0].
> > > ORA-01652: Kan tijdelijke segmenten niet uitbreiden met 13 in
> tabelruimte
> > > TEMP.
> > >
> > > I only can stop and start the NT-service after this fault...
> > >
> > > But, when I run:
> > >
> > > execute dbms_utility.analyze_schema('X','ESTIMATE');
> > >
> > > there's no problem.

> > > I can imagine there's more TEMP space needed for the COMPUTE.
> > > But why is the problem with COMPUTE causing Oracle to 'hang'?
> > > How can I be sure the COMPUTE will give no problems: for example: check
> and
> > > re-size TEMP (to what size)?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Stephan
> >
> > ORA-0600 is an unhandled internal Oracle error. Contact Oracle via
> metalink and
> > open an iTAR ( http://metalink.oracle.com).
> >
> > Also look for any patches to the version you have installed.
> >
> > Daniel Morgan

Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and you will find documents on how to calculate the size of your TEMP tablespace. Also remember that while most people think in terms of only one TEMP tablespace ... that is not necessarily an optimal design. Consider whether more than one might be a better solution.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 24 2003 - 03:06:09 CST