Re: redo logs: instantaneous switches

From: dsmcd <lookingglass_at_stopspamdormouse.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 20:46:44 GMT

I just went with the default sizes. It's a POS database, with six or eight registers. Average is a switch every 30 minutes, which at the time I deployed seemed reasonable according to advice and research available at the time. Guess not.

This "log miner" is something new to me. I'll look into it, unless you mean reading the alert log for switching info, in which case I included snips in my original message.

Good to see you again, Howard! I still miss your website. It was invaluable to me. Sure glad I made hard copies.

D.