Re: Data Block corruption

From: Anton Buijs <aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 18:25:39 +0100

You can't just delete the corrupted segment. You need to restore the corrupted file only and apply all archived logs made since the "alter tablespace .... begin backup" statement issued before you made the backup of that file.
So: your database must run in archive log mode.

The exact scenario is described in the "Backup and Recovery Guide", "Performing Complete Media Recovery" (chapter 5). You can choose for an open database or closed database recovery. In the first case the database is available except for the segments stored in the affected tablespace. Go to http://tahiti.oracle.com and read it carefully. You can't affort to make any mistakes.

Rich <rich.bevan_at_bt.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 3E3021C5.70F699E0_at_bt.com...