Re: question about automatic undo management

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2003 09:01:15 -0800

Jonathan,

I was asking this question specifically, because I don't understand why reducind I/O is so important. It was 7 years ago, I remember that. Now, with fast dist systems and plenty of memory it's not that important. My experience of 3 last years (Oracle Apps on a very powerful multi-CPU machines): no case of I/O contention. Lots of cases of network contention, latch contention and, oh yeah, ORA-1555. I'd trade those for a little of I/O contention...

Best regards,

Alex.