Re: strange occurences on Intermedia (8.1.6) on Solaris 7 vs win2k

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 15:48:02 +0300

Afair, user filter error 137 suggests that system environment is not set up properly and extproc can't launch the ctxhx to do the filtering or ctxhx is unable to load shared library it needs. You should ensure that $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/lib is in the oracle's LD_LIBRARY_PATH and that $ORACLE_HOME/ctx/bin is in the oracle's PATH (you can also set these in the listener.ora file for extproc connection using ENVS parameter.)

For second issue - this may indeed be the case that the index was not created. This may also be the issue of inappropriate error message and index exists but is marked INVALID/LOADING. In this case, you can try to drop it with FORCE option (DROP INDEX my_index FORCE).