Re: question about automatic undo management

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 23:11:06 +1000

Hi Jonathan,

I agree. How one configures checkpoints and the use of incremental checkpoints could well mean that it's all set too aggressively to make diddly difference to how well cached you may have your undo (although I'm not quite so sure about the concerns regarding the log switch checkpoint with regard to incremental checkpoints).

Tuning checkpoints and the resultant I/O is all part of the mix that makes getting out of bed such a joy.

Cheers

Richard

OCR rating 100% (so there ;) Received on Thu Jan 23 2003 - 07:11:06 CST