Export from 9i and import to 8i

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 11:33:47 -0000

Hi Billy,

you wrote :

<SNIP>
>> Or it's because I've not yet had my early morning coffee. :-)
Yeah - been there myself at times :o)

>> What happens if you add rows=n to the exp params?
Same error - tested that yesterday.

>> What happens if you run the export from another platform?
Well, I've got one server that isn't HP, and it 'just works' from that.

>> How about changing the output file to another file system?
Same error all the time. Even /dev/null fails.

>> I think the error can be classified as:

>> - an o/s error (not enough space, bad/corrupted filesystem mount) in
which
>> case you should have seen a HP-UX error code
There is plenty of space and there are no HP error codes.

>> - a dinkum bug in the 8.1.7 exporter (maybe because if running
against 9?)
My prime supect so far, becasue 8.0 works (on a different server)

>> - an export/import view problem (which you did not get)
I can get the errors, but only if I try using 734 exp to do the export. Nothing for 8.0 and above.

>> The likeliest one seems to be an o/s error... though it does not
explain why
>> a normal 9 export does work.

I suspect Oracle myself .....

>> Hmm.. how about the environment? Maybe the 8.1.7 exporter is picking
up the
>> wrong libs? Try doing an (Unix shell) export on SHLIB and set that to
your
>> 8.1.7/lib path.

Nah, the user I'm doing the export from is actually a user whose profile sets up the 817 environment. I'm exporting from a 'dba' user and not from the 817 software owner.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator