Re: ORA-00911 copying tables between two dbs

From: Tim X <timx_at_spamto.devnul.com>
Date: 23 Jan 2003 18:09:07 +1100

 News> Hi, i tried to copy a table between two databases using  News> following commands:

 News> set copycommit 1 set arraysize 1000

 News> ... and get the error "ORA-00911 invalid character"

 News> Source DB: 8.1.6 Target DB: 8.1.7 Client: "sqlplus.exe"

You could try something like

create database link olddb
connect to <user>
identified by <password>
using <name in tnsnames>;

create table tablename as
select * from sourceTable_at_db;

commit;

Depending on the amount of data to be copied, you may prefer to define the table first to set specific options and then use insert instead.

Tim

--
Tim Cross