Help: configure VMWare to share disk for testing RAC

From: cs charlie <cfs3526(no_spam)_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 05:01:59 GMT

This message seems off the topic, but it is closely related to implement RAC on single machine, so I am posting it here, hopefully some body can help me out. Search on google, I only found one corresponse from Howord J Rogers discussing about this, but it is not very clear.

I installed two virtural machine(linux) by VMWARE. I added a virtural Disk on machine A, (scsi), and added the virtural Disk on machine B using the same file, I then edited the .VMX files on both machines, added

disk.locking=false,

 both Virtural machine seems to boot up fine, and both machine seems to have two disks, but they do not seem to be shared even though they seem to share the same file.

I created one partition on one machine, which can not show up on another machine.

Could some body tell me step by step how to configure these two Vmachine share one disk?

Thanks for your help. Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 23:01:59 CST