Truncate with Toad and Rowid

From: BG <crockydile_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2003 15:36:05 -0800

Hello.

I am having a problem with what looks like data corruption either via poor programming or some other cause.

(1) Is it possible after a truncate and then doing inserts to have the
a ghost image of truncated data corrupt your newly inserted data.

(a) for example assume I have a table that looks like:
COLa | COLb

123  | abc
567  | def
890  | ghi

(b) then do a truncate on the table
(c) then do an insert in the table

with "insert into table (cola, colb) values (242, ppp) or with "insert into table (cola, colb) values (, ppp)

and then when doing a select seeing some of the old table data in the output. (in other words getting some "ghost" data)

(2) Can someone tell me if a commit is needed after a truncate?

(3) difference between "resuse space" and free "space"

Thank you
bg Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 17:36:05 CST