Re: to much archivelog

From: <Kenneth>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 21:24:05 GMT

Hi Zeb,

If it's a warehouse, it shouldn't generate that much redo log, since DW is primarily read-only data. So you should first examine why it generates that much redo and then try to do something about it, e.g. some operations could be optimized to generate less redo.

If your only problem is disk space, there is also software available which will nicely copy the archive logs to tape as they are generated.

Switching between ARCHIVELOG and NOARCHIVELOG, as you suggest, is hopeless...most likely you will end up with a corrupted DB.....