Re: [Q] new Oracle server consider list?

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 18:12:27 GMT

aaa wrote:
> We plan to buy a new server (perfer SUN) and move all of our databases
> and ORACLE AS on NT servers to this new server. Can anyone give me
> suggestion what sohould be consider before make decision?
>
> Thanks.

Consider your business needs and the amount of money your company is willing to spend to ensure those business needs are met. There is no black and white answer ... only an infinite (or nearly so) variety of shades of gray.

BTW, would you *really* put the future success of your business into the hands of people on this NG? I'd be afraid to offer any kind of advice based on the little amount of information in your post. Bring vendors or consultants into a meeting ... with your technical people in the room, where they can ask questions. Nobody knows your business as well as those of you who work there. (Incidently, I know that many times companies have these meetings with only managers who haven't touched Oracle in years in attendance.) Received on Wed Jan 22 2003 - 12:12:27 CST