Re: Datafile setting

From: Anup Jalan <anup.jalan_at_rave-tech.com>
Date: 22 Jan 2003 04:13:50 -0800

Generally, autoextend datafile should be avoided. There is always the danger of irresponsible transactions eating up too much space. Also, frequent autoextend slows down the system.

Better to estimate the max size you will need and allocate it upfront.

However, when I feel too lazy to follow my own advice :), I set the autoextend value to around 10% of the initial size, and the max value to double the initial size.

Anup Jalan
Rave Technologies
www.rave-tech.com