Re: Datafile setting

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 10:20:04 +0000

Pacific wrote:

> We are using Oracle 9.0.1.3 database and under linux RH 7.1 platform.
> We
> have about 20 users. We are now trying to estimate the datafile autoextend
> sizing. i.e. block size. Does anyone has suggestion on the datafile
> autoextend sizing ?? How can i get the sizing guide about this issue ??

I do not recommend using autoextend. It's like building a car, adding the acceleator and thinking that brakes are not needed.

Sizing impacts everything in a database. Performance. Index strategy. Physical db design. Backups. Etc. Etc.

Not knowing or caring what a datafile or tablespace size can grow too, is IMO a bit irresponsible.

--
Billy