multiple exports and performance

From: Tim Smith <timasmith_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 17:23:54 -0800

Hi,

   We have a large export and import to do in (of course) as fast time as possible. The export files add up to around 30GB. Here are my initial thoughts on our environment Aix 4.2.1, Oracle 7.3.

  1. Multiple exports (is this ok?) ideally each reading and writing from/to a different disk.
  2. Export data only, no indexes (rebuild indexes after table imported)
  3. Start the import while export still running
  4. Users will be off the system - do I use direct=Y?

I think it will be faster with no compression of files (100 Mb network card to transfer files)

Anything else?

Tim Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 19:23:54 CST