Re: OT: Richard Foote

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 20:08:46 -0000

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:gXaX9.29545$jM5.76071_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com...
> Hi All,
>
> Thank you for your kind thoughts. All I can say is I'm one lucky bugger !!
>
> At the height of the "action" I was standing on the roof of my house,
meagre
> hose in hand, choking on the smoke, with the bushfires roaring towards me
> just four houses away. Thankfully we had a couple of fire trucks that
> stopped the fire at the edge of the suburb just as the back fence of the
> first house was getting burnt else there's little doubt that the suburb of
> Gordon would have suffered big time.
>
> Then we started getting reports that the suburb of Duffy (where my parents
> live) had house upon house on fire. Early reports suggested the section
> where my parents live was totally wiped out. However, when we eventually
got
> through, my parents house was virtually unscathed (expect the garden which
> was completely destroyed) whereas *every* neighbouring house was totally
> burnt to the ground !!
>
> It's been one heck of a week !!

For the last four months, we've been running around like lunatics, trying to fix a big app which was unilaterally (and prematurely) declared as being in production some months ago.

And we thought *we* were 'firefighting'...

Good luck, Richard. Keep safe.

Regards,
Paul Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 14:08:46 CST