Oracle Performance Manager - Enterprise Manager 2.1

From: Heloisa Eiko Shiota <hshiota_at_b2bis.com.br>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 14:35:34 -0800

Hello,

I need to monitor a database performance (real-time) and obtain a performance report (monthly).
The version of the database I want to monitor is Oracle 8.1.6. Iīm still on testing purposes, but I am really in a hurry... I installed OEM 2.1 in a client machine. The console and the OMS resides in the same machine (client one). I installed and started the Intelligent Agent and Data Gatherer on the same node where the DB is (letīs call "host"). The repository is on the same DB I want to monitor (host). Client and host are able to ping and nslookup each other.

The Performance Manager seems to take just the data that pass through the network.... Because, for example, I was trying to see the Transactions Statistics, but the numbers of this statistic (number of selects, for example)only change when I do a select from my local machine. Those ones that run directly in the db... donīt affect the statistic.

And when I try to get the Historical Data, it returns a TNS error.

Do I have to have Capacity Planner and Trace Manager running to Performance Manager works?
Iīm confused... I think I have to configure some .ora files too... but I donīt know how. What entries do I have to configure. What services?

What am I missing?

Thanks a lot... Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 16:35:34 CST