Windows clients with UNIX backend, using DOMAIN PREFIXES???

From: nimble ninja <nimbleninja_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 13:32:37 -0800

I'm exploring security options and want to know if I can have my windows clients authenticating to a unix backend WITH Domain Prefixes to enhance security?

I've got the OS auth working from win --> unix but without the Domain Prefix option. Is this just for Windows client to Windows server bacause of the NTS authentication?

Will the OSAUTH_PREFIX_DOMAIN reg entry on the Windows client work with the UNIX backend?

I'm not finding any docs on this specifically, so I think I'm looking more for a work around.

Any help or insight is great
Thanks Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 15:32:37 CST