DWH concept, what is better ?

From: Kimo <ora_kimo_at_yahoo.de>
Date: 21 Jan 2003 07:56:04 -0800

Hi....

In order to extract, transfer and load to our Data Warehouse we have created 2 concepts,
1- export the needed data to temporary tables on the live database and then transfer and load the data into Data Warehouse. 2- export the data to temporary tables on a separated database and then transfer/load the data into DWH.

we concept would you recommend me and can anyone tell me the advantages and
disadvantages of each concept ?

You can also tell me if you have another option !

thanx
kimo Received on Tue Jan 21 2003 - 09:56:04 CST