automatic startup off database with W2K Server

From: Erfurt, Jochen <jerfurt_at_hpberlin.de>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 15:54:52 +0100

 Hi all,

 I do have a problem with an automatic start up off a database. When starting the Windows OracleService<SID> the database will not open.

1.).
On a Windows 2000 SERVER the Oracle 8.1.7 is placed on drive C:, the database is placed on the other partition D:.

With oradim I've set the start type off the service to automatic and also add the option off starting the instance when the service starts. The registry settings are ok:

    ORA_MEDEG_AUTOSTART = TRUE
    ORA_MEDEG_PFILE = D:\oracle\admin\MEDEG\pfile\initMEDEG.ora

An initMEDEG.ora with a link to the above mentioned file is placed in C:\oracle\ora81\database.

Starting the database manually with svrmgrl: everything works fine

2.)
On my notebook (Windows 2000 PRO) I do have a copy of the database. Here the automatic start up works fine: On system start and when starting the service.

There are only two differences to the server installation:

    The OS
    The path to the database files

Doe's anyone has any plan of what's going on?

Thank's in advance

Jochen

---
Jochen Erfurt