Re: Resetting state of PL/SQL package

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:25:55 GMT

Dmitry Rusakov wrote:
> Can I correctly reset pl/sql package state in other sessions from current
> session for support caching mechanisms?
>
> Sincerely
>
> D.Rusakov

Do you just want to allow any session to *set* a package variable and allow any session to *see* the current value of that variable? If so, can you provide procedures/functions in the package to:

set_variable(new_value);
cur_value := get_variable;

Then grant execute on the package to the world.

As long as you don't close the session that's running the package, other sessions can use the get/set routines. Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 15:25:55 CST