Re: Oracle9i with IIS on Win2k

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:01:33 +0000

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003 21:55:14 +1300, KevJohnP <nospam_at_nowhere.com> wrote:

>Rauf Sarwar wrote:
>> "Guy Dillen" <guy_dillen_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<3e2b236c$0$24753$ba620e4c_at_news.skynet.be>...
>>
>>>Sorry, i forgot to mention something. What i ùmeant was installing 9i with
>>>IIS. So, how to avoid that Apache will be installed.
>>
>> Do a custom install and uncheck Apache components.
>
>Unless Oracle have changed things recently, Apache is a mandatory
>component that you cannot deselect even on a Custom Install (looks like
>you can until you try and uncheck it at which point it tells you it is
>mandatory).
>
>We didn't want it either at one site I was at, but had to live with it
>for the above reasons. Doesn't mean you have to have it running.

 You can avoid installing it, but you have to hunt around a bit for all its various dependants before you can remove it.

 OK, so I've got OUI running now, can I persuade it not to install it again on this machine...

Oracle Database 9.2.0.1.0 ->
Custom ->

 Try and untick Oracle HTTP Server 9.2.0.1.0, error appears:

It is a required component under the following rules. 1. Enterprise Manager Webserver Integration 9.2.0.1.0 Required Dependencies (All Required)
  Oracle HTTP Server 9.2.0.1.0

 OK, so go to Oracle Enterprise Manager Products, deselect Enterprise Manager Website, then deselect Oracle Management Server below.

 Think that's it...

 On my other machine (with the database on it, this one just has client) there is an Apache folder in the Oracle home, but it's only got a couple of Java source files; no sign of Apache itself, nor is there an Oracle Apache service.

--
Andy Hassall (andy@andyh.co.uk) icq(5747695) (http://www.andyh.co.uk)
Space: disk usage analysis tool (http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space)