Re: This should be an easy "TSN: could not resolve service name" problem:

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 11:54:34 -0800

"Telemachus" <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net> wrote in message news:<hXTW9.4109$V6.6385_at_news.indigo.ie>...
> But does this not then stop use of the Oracle Home Selector applet....
>
> which alters the PATH variables and not the TNS_ADMIN...
>
> but yes I agree with you saying this is good for multiple homes but not for
> <developers> .... anyway it can all be found in manuals...

System PATH has nothing to do with which configuration files are read by sqlplus. When launched, it searches for oracle.key file under bin folder and uses whichever regisrty home is pointed to in the file. If TNS_ADMIN is not defined in the registry home or as a system variable, sqlplus uses configuration files pointed to by Oracle_home in the registry.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 13:54:34 CST