Re: Oracle 9iAs installation

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 06:18:43 +1100

Hi Alistair:

I'll readily agree with your proposed minimum spec if you are going to be doing a full, infrastructure, install. But a basic install is possible in a VMware machine with just 192MB of virtual memory. Not nice, for sure. But possible. But as soon as the infrastructure hoves into view... you're right: forget it unless there's a Gig of RAM going spare.

Regards