Re: Disabling redo and rollback

From: Phil Kaufman <philk_at_dbcsmartsoftware.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 09:50:47 -0500

Good question.

It's simple, we needed a product that could export and import between different vendor database engines. Since there isn't a great selection of products available on the market that do this, we decided to build our own. You see our flagship product runs on various database back-ends, so just imagine the possibilities if we had something to take data from one database to another (cross vendor), without any issue.

Well, it works rather well, and I simply wanted to improve the products performance for Oracle imports.

Thanks to everyone's response anyway.

"JustAnotherDBA" <jadba_at_bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:Rz6W9.7086$F_3.4520_at_news.bellsouth.net...
> You have written an in-house export/import program ?!
>
> Just curious, why would you want to re-invent the Oracle export/import
> utility.
>
> "Phil Kaufman" <philk_at_dbcsmartsoftware.com> wrote in message
> > Folks,
> >
> > My environment is Oracle 8.0.5 and higher/Windows 2000.
> >
> > My question may seem fairly novice, but here it is. I have written a
> > in-house export/import program, which works on multivendor databases.
At