Re: Locks rows

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 11:40:34 -0000

"Francky" <fservantroumey_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:b0gl1d$119$1_at_news2.isdnet.net...
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for my bad english... I'm French
>
> I would like lock rows in table with a select instruction because i dont
> want that 2 user read simultaneous the data

AFAIK you can't do this, a select will always be able to select from the table. Why on earth would you want to? Even Microsoft Excel won't let you do this.

You should note that this picture changes a bit if you are intending to update the data as two sessions can't issue SELECT ... FOR UPDATE on the same data at the same time. What is the business/code problem that you are trying to solve?

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA