Re: oracle 9i application server problem

From: Gurmukh <sidhu_gurmukh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 20 Jan 2003 03:14:28 -0800

hi,

thanks for your replies,but we are still not through with it. 1. we have deinstalled 9ias & started a fresh, now we have installed 9ias infrastructure first on win2000 and then portal module(we then checked documentation & installed service pack as required).
while installation oc4j & opmn failed to configure. 2.should we change name of oracle name as well & does 9ias require preinstallation of oracle database(it provides of its own as well????)

3. we are not able to start all utilities of infrastructure as well as of other instance of 9ias.
error is:
oracle.sysman.emSDK.util.jdk.EMException: The opmn request has failed. From opmn: HTTP/1.1 204 No Content Content-Length: 0 Content-Type: text/html Response: 0 of 1 processes started. Check opmn log files such as ipm.log and ons.log for detailed.

4. we are able to cretae a new DAD ,but it is not started how can that be started,so that we can check if we can execute atleast .psp files(as oc4j utilities are not starting).

we are totally confused as to how things are to be done.can you please tell us the way out as to how to configure all the components.

we will greately appreciate ur suggestions. can you suggest some book for 9ias.

thanks
regards
Gurmukh. Received on Mon Jan 20 2003 - 05:14:28 CST