Re: Oracle9i with IIS on Win2k

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 2003 20:43:38 +1100

I can't say why they made it mandatory, but the general direction is clear: in three years' (or so!) time, there won't be any DBAs, just web administrators.

Have you heard, as an example, that the good old (but horrible) sqlplusw.exe on Windows (the slightly GUI version of sqlplus) is being 'disappeared' in some future version, to be replaced by iSQLPlus, which is browser based, and requires.... well, would you believe an HTTP server to run?!

The way of the future, I fear.

Regards