Re: "Oracle not available" and "Shared memory realm does not exist".

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 18 Jan 2003 18:04:04 -0800

karan9199 <member22980_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:<2407559.1042915453_at_dbforums.com>...
> Guys,
> I'm facing the same problem.
> The the diffrence is I'm using WIndows XP.
> I've tried to installed Oracle 8i. After Installation complete it shows
> error "Oracle Not available" I have problem on starting up oracle
> service "OracleOraHome81ClientCache" It shows Memory error. "The memory
> could not be written"
>
> Pls help
> Thanks in advance.

Are you facing the same problem on 9.x or 8.1.x on WinXP? Reason I ask this is because Oracle only supports 8.1.x client on WinXP.

Did you run into any errors during installation?

Have you successfully created the database and get this error when you try to connect to it? If so then read above posts for resolution.

Please be more specific then just writing that you get this error after installation completes.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Sat Jan 18 2003 - 20:04:04 CST