Re: Setting for default column width?

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 2003 19:34:37 -0000

"vlad" <bulk_at_sfatcu.com> wrote in message news:YXPV9.19650$kH3.3130_at_sccrnsc03...
> Damn it, I knew this would happen. I bring up a purely technical question,
> mention a Microsoft tool, and argument ends in "MS is a monopoly". With
all
> due respect, Daniel, I am completely befuddled at your connection between
> column formatting and "MS monopoly". Also, I fail to see what
> platform-independence has got to do with this. Are you implying a trim
> function doesn't exist in C on Unix machines?
>
> SQL*Plus has some cool column formatting that can be done on a specific
> column. Query Analyzer can specify column cut-off for all columns. Just
> formatting options, pure and simple. Oracle's SQL*Plus doesn't have
default
> cut-off formatting. No biggie.
>
> About the tools you mentioned. I did download the TOAD evaluation. It's
> nice, but damn, it's expensive. Close to $1000, if I remember correctly.
> I'll check on SQL Navigator.
>
> vlad

Have a look at Golden Retriever from Benthic Software. Type SQL into a text box and retrieve data in a grid.
Trial version free, and USD35 to register.

I have no connection with the company, other than as an extremely satisfied user for many years.

Regards,
Paul Received on Sat Jan 18 2003 - 13:34:37 CST