Disabling redo and rollback

From: Phil Kaufman <philk_at_dbcsmartsoftware.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:49:02 -0500

Folks,

My environment is Oracle 8.0.5 and higher/Windows 2000.

My question may seem fairly novice, but here it is. I have written a in-house export/import program, which works on multivendor databases. At any rate, I was wondering if it is possible to disable the redo and rollback for a transaction that does the import, and if so, how exactly I would do this, and if so, what kind of improvement in performance can I expect.

Thanks! Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 14:49:02 CST