Re: Bfile

From: Frank <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 20:37:11 +0100

rajXesh wrote:
> In our project, we have to store a large amount of small (~20-40K) files
> (Zipped RTF). The approx volume will be 5000 per day
>
> What will be the difference in storing them as a BFILE or as a VARCHAR2
> fld which points to their location.
>
> thanks
>
> -- rajXesh

You mean like IN the database vs outside, with a pointer within? Obvious... nothing to garantuee your pointer is updated when the file location/name/whatever changes... Within: standard operational procedures apply (backup, etc), a single backup is sufficient, etc.

Frank Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 13:37:11 CST