How to troubleshoot "cannot connect"?

From: Slava Pechenin <s_at_p.na>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 15:36:59 +0200

The NT application runs on the server console and uses Oracle 8.1.7 It starts with the following generic error:

ORA-24324: service handle not initialized Cause: An attempt was made to use an improper service context handle. Action: Verify that the service context handle has all the parameters initialized and set for this call.

Does anybody can point me a direction in troubleshooting? Actually I want to see a trace or log to understand what is wrong in details.
How to tell Oracle to write verbose log of connections, client commands, etc?

Thanks Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 07:36:59 CST