Re: Oracle 9i Installation Problem

From: Jackie <jackie_ol_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Jan 2003 00:43:08 -0800

Hi!
I am sorry about missing information. I receive the error just after Database Configuration Stage, after selecting General Purpose Database option. This is not a O/S error I think because universal installer pops up a message box saying only this: Thrown when the ip address of a host cannot be determined. (Help) (Retry) (Continue) (Cancel). This is all the information that the installer provides. When I click the help button, a help window opens up, it says that there has been an error (very helpful!).
When I ignore the error and choose to continue I receive the error several times. The final installation becomes nothing but a mess...