Re: data corruption

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 22:57:24 -0800

jh wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having a problem with the database. Oracle 8.0.5, NT4.0. There are
> data corruption in a table. I plan to recreate the table using CREATE
> TABLE new_table AS SELECT * FROM original_table... filtering out the row
> that has the problem. When I rename original_table to dump_table and rename
> new_table to original_table, how can i make sure the functions, procedures
> synoyms, and objects for the old original_table are associated with the new
> original_table. i.e. will the functions and procedures validate for the new
> original_table? Is there anything else I need to watch out for?
>
> Any help is appreciated.
> Thanks.
>
> jh

Recompile, recreate the synonyms, and test.

But I would strongly recommend against your proposed methodology.

Far better would be to dump the table out as ASCII. Clean up the ASCII file. And bring the good data back in with SQL*Loader.

Also consider upgrading to a version of Oracle that has been supported this millenium.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jan 17 2003 - 00:57:24 CST