data corruption

From: jh <jhaisu_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 00:06:00 -0500

Hi all,

I am having a problem with the database. Oracle 8.0.5, NT4.0. There are data corruption in a table. I plan to recreate the table using CREATE TABLE new_table AS SELECT * FROM original_table... filtering out the row that has the problem. When I rename original_table to dump_table and rename new_table to original_table, how can i make sure the functions, procedures synoyms, and objects for the old original_table are associated with the new original_table. i.e. will the functions and procedures validate for the new original_table? Is there anything else I need to watch out for?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks.

jh Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 23:06:00 CST