Re: Tech Comparison of Oracle versus MS Sqlserver 2000

From: P <zarathustri_at_a.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:03:00 +1100

Dusan,

I have corrected the spelling of Ellison. This is the truth about this man - he was the first to champion the Sql language when no one was using it commercially. I read an old Sql manual written by him I think in the late 70s - when there was nothing like MS Dos around! In those days people had to write a page of code to get 2 records out of a database. In the book he showed he was convinced that the power of Sql would resolve many data access problems.

I post this here every few months, with additions and corrections, for the benefit of those who want a tech
comparison between the two products so they can convince their management.

Regards,

Porus.

"Dusan Bolek" <pagesflames_at_usa.net> wrote in message news:1e8276d6.0301160223.79625cac_at_posting.google.com... > "P" <zarathustri_at_a.com> wrote in message news:<FssV9.25204$jM5.66998_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...