Re: RedHat7.3 Supported with 8.1.7

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 01:05:38 GMT

tingl wrote:
> I really don't understand the logic behind Oracle's decision not to support
> anything later
> than Red Hat 7.1. If they are going after Linux market, they should at least
> certify the client
> so people can upgrade to future versions of Red Hat Personal or Professional
> with confident.
> This is just my opinion as an outsider.

That's one of the problems when all your ad banners and marketing brochures claim to run on *any* platform. Every time an o/s version changes on *any* of those platforms, they'd have to run thru regression testing again.

MS has it easier. They only claim to run on a very limited group of o/s ... and they control the release dates of them.

Can you imagine how many servers Oracle must have in their testing lab for each possible combination of hardware and o/s? Mind boggling. Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 19:05:38 CST