Performance different between two users

From: Cheng-Jih Chen <postmaster_at_cjc.org>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:21:38 -0000

Hi, we're developing an application, and have several user logins set up for Oracle for testing.

Each of these users are created identically, and have the share the same default tablespace and temporary tablespace. They all have the same rights, and their schemas are created from the same script. The data in these schemas are identical.

However, we're seeing performance differences between two of the users, where one user is consistently two or three times faster than the other user.

Any suggestions on where to look? I've checked the data segments that they own, and these seem to be identical in terms of fragmentation, etc. Indexes, and so on, look to be the same, since the schemas were generated automatically. I'm not sure where else to look.

Thanks for your help. Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 13:21:38 CST