Help with DB_LINK parallel insert as select

From: Tim Myers <myers.t_at_ucles.org.uk>
Date: 16 Jan 2003 09:32:11 -0800

The statement below works in about 18 seconds...

insert /*+ append parallel(dst,4) */ into working_raw_marks_test dst select /*+ parallel(src,4) */ * from working_raw_marks_at_msup_link src
/

...but when I add the predicate as below it will not go parallel and takes 4 minutes + i.e:

insert /*+ append parallel(dst,4) */ into working_raw_marks_test dst select /*+ parallel(src,4) */ * from working_raw_marks_at_msup_link src where src.rowid in ( select row_id from rowid_table )
/

Any idea what I can do here. The working_raw_marks table has many millions of rows in our production database. I have tried putting the rowid_table in both the src and dst database.

I'm trying to quickly move rows from the src database into the dst database using the msup_link.

Thanks in adv. Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 11:32:11 CST