A sudden increase of time connexion

From: Christophe CAUCHOIS <c.cauchois_at_epbs.fr>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:54:13 +0100

Hi every body,

I have an Oracle DB running on a NT server. Yesterday, the time to connect to this database from a 8.1.7 client was about 2 seconds.
Today, this time connexion can be up to 15 seconds. I tested the connexion from various machines and with IP and SPX protocols with a TNSPING. Same problem.
I shut down the server and I found a correct connexion time again. But after a few hours, this time increase and come back to about 15 seconds !
However, the server seems to work properly, has enough disk space and nothing changed on it.
The time for a simple PING response is also correct.

Has any body an idea about what can happend ?

Many thanks in advance.

Christophe. Received on Thu Jan 16 2003 - 09:54:13 CST