Re: DB link

From: makbo <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 14:38:45 GMT

I've run across this error when the remote DB is a standby database (or any database, for that matter) which is open read-only. New objects were created in the source database, and PL/SQL code against the remote standby database involving these objects were giving this error.

What worked for me (version 8.1.6) was to run the code which gets the error against the source database (read-write) using a temporary DB link, then something internal to Oracle (dictionary) apparently was propagated to the standby database (via normal application of redo logs) and everything worked OK after that.

--Mark B.